Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Fest

I think some of you would agree when I say that kids make the holidays even more exciting. Last year PJ and I didn't even carve a pumpkin because we were so busy, but now that Alex is a little older he's making sure we are more festive around this time of the year. Here are some pictures of our decorated funkins at home, and our real pumpkins we carved with my sister, her husband Andrew and her kids while they were visiting this past weekend. We all had a chance to go to a pumpkin patch and it was a TON of fun! I've never been to one before so it was my first time to go pick pumpkins to carve and go through the corn maze.


Happy Fall Everyone!!



My little niece Noelani and her cute chubby cheeks


My sister, my mom and I





My three scarecrows






Alex in pumpkinland looking for the perfect pumpkin


Alex found his perfect pumpkin and he's not letting go as you can see


Our little family...Alex looks dead tired towards the end



Alex saying goodbye to the pumpkin patch


My brother-in-law Andrew..."the artist"...



Liah's bat


My ghost (with a lot of help from Andrew)



Andrew's pirate ship (my favorite)




4 comments:

Mari Elizabeth Couture said...

I LOVE THIS! So Cute Rena!I love this post & I love pumpkin patches! The pumpkins look awesome! Im excited to carve ours next week!

Tyler and Travy said...

Wow, those requires some serious carving technique! Looks like you had fun! I love that picture of Alex with the pouty face holding the pumpkin!

Andrew and Carolina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew and Carolina said...

I love the "Three scare crows"!!!
We had so much fun.
We love you and miss you guys so much. We can't wait to move back.